American professional golf player Brian Hollins is a golf coach, however, he is probably best known around the world as the husband of a famous footballer, Carli Lloyd. The two got married on November 4, 2016. Brian Hollins’s wife Carli is an American soccer player and currently plays for Sky Blue FC in the National Women’s Soccer League. Moreover, the 36-year-old Carli also plays as a midfielder for the United States women’s national soccer team. Carli Lloyd also brought home two Olympic gold medals in 2012 and 2008. During her career, Lloyd became the 2015 FIFA Women’s World Cup champion, two-time FIFA MVP, and three-time Olympian.
Who Is Brian Hollins? 6 Things About Carli Lloyd’s Husband
1. Brian Hollins’s childhood:
Brain Hollins was born on July 14, 1984, in Delran, New Jersey USA. His father’s name is Bobby Hollins. But we have no information about Brian’s mother and siblings. Hollins graduated from Delran High School after which he started playing golf at a professional level. Later, he was admitted to the Southern Golf Academy in Altamonte Spring, Florida.
The golfer has insured his third party injuries, golf equipment, and golf ball injuries with Bouvier Insurance & Philadelphia Insurance.
3. Brian Hollins’s career:
Brian isn’t nearly as successful as his wife, but he’s been successful in his field. After graduating from high school, Brian joined the Golf Academy of the South in Altamonte Springs, Florida, where he participated in several developmental golf tours, including the Hooters and Tarheel Tour. After great performances, he had the chance to participate in the US Open in 2015. As he recorded a birdie on the second extra hole, his result was impressive, however, since then he has focused more on teaching other golfers.
He is now a professional golf assistant at Trenton Country Club in New Jersey. Prior to that, he also worked as a pro and assistant teacher at Will Brook Country Club and spent three years at Laurel Creek Country Club. The average income for a golf player at Trenton Country Club is between $35K and $80K USD per year.
4. What is Brian Hollins’s income and net worth?
From the beginning of his career, Brian became a successful golfer, and although he did not achieve results, he is now one of the most renowned coaches and assistants in golf. In 2019, sources have estimated that Brian’s wealth is currently around $1 million while his salary is estimated at $80,000 per year. Undoubtedly, as he successfully continues his career, this number will increase further.
5. How long has Brian Hollins been married to Carli Lloyd?
Brian became a national star when he married footballer Carli Lloyd, but Hollins and Carli were high school sweethearts. They first met when she finished her senior year in 2001. The lovebirds dated for 16 years before getting married.
Yes, that is correct; the two were neighbors in Delran Township and attended the same high school. First, they were friends, but as they got older their friendship blossomed into romance and a seemingly beautiful marriage.
The wedding ceremony took place on November 4, 2016, in Puerto Morelos, Mexico along the rather private Riviera Maya. 75 people, friends, family members, and co-workers attended the wedding. Hollins and Carli plan to start their family soon.
Carli chose a strapless dress from the fall 2016 collection by designer Matthew Christopher. Brian and Carli currently live in Mount Laurel, New Jersey. In an interview with Sports Illustrated, Brian said Carli was “by far the most competitive person” he had ever known. He has managed to stay away from rumors and controversies in his career and personal life.
6. Carli Lloyd Quick Facts:
- Now that we’ve covered everything about Brian Hollins, let’s share some facts about his wife, Carli Lloyd. Born Carli Anne Lloyd on July 16, 1982, in Delran Township, New Jersey USA, she is the daughter of Stephen Lloyd and his wife Pamela. Carli Lloyd is one of three siblings and has a sister Ashley and a brother Stephen.
- Carli started playing football when she was just five years old and from an early age showed excellent playing skills on the pitch. Later in high school, Carli Lloyd played for the Delran High team under The Red Baron also known as Rudy Klobach.
- Lloyd began her professional career in high school, when she joined the W-League team the New Jersey Wildcats, but didn’t play much for the team. Nevertheless, since then, Carli has played for several teams including Chicago Red Stars, Atlanta Beat, Western New York Flash, Houston Dash and even played a season in the UK for women’s club Manchester City on loan. Currently, Carli plays for Sky Blue FC who play in the National Women’s Football League. In addition to his success with clubs, Carli has also been successful domestically. She won gold medals at the 2008 and 2012 Olympics, while she also won the FIFA Women’s World Cup in 2015 and 2019.
- Moreover, she was the champion of the CONCACAF Women’s Championship in 2014 and 2018, among many others. She has also won several individual awards, including the FIFA Women’s World Cup Golden Ball in 2015 and CONCACAF Player of the Year, also in 2015, among many other honors and awards.
- In terms of net worth, Carli is one of the most renowned female football players, and her success at the club and national level has added a considerable amount to her wealth. In 2019, Carli’s net worth was estimated as high as $2 million.